Saturday 30 July 2016

Watermelon Slush



I have two favourite things to eat when I'm sitting beside a pool in a hot climate (which is rare, sadly) and those are: watermelon and slush. A few weeks ago we got a heatwave in Glasgow - which was excellent when I wasn't in work. All I cold think about was watermelon and slush and so I decided to combine them to make a delicious summer drink. The best part is that you're eating fruit and also having a sweet treat (good news all round).

I'd actually forgotten I'd made it until I came across a photo on my phone, and so I thought I'd post it here. In this version I didn't add mint, but I have before and it was pretty nice, so if that's what you want to do I'd add 1-2 leaves per serving. Using my small smoothie blender I make this recipe one serving at a time, but if you have a bigger, more powerful blender then you'll probably be able to make a few at once.

(Serves 2)

INGREDIENTS
1 small watermelon, cut into chunks
1-2 cups of ice
juice of 1 lime

DIRECTIONS
1. Add watermelon and a splash of water to blender and blend until it has formed a thick juice.
2. Add the lime juice - I add 1 lime but this really is to taste.
3. Gradually put the ice into the blender until you have a thick and slushy consistency - again this is to taste as I like mine quite slushy but this is really up to you.

Serve in a glass with a straw, and pretend that you're on holiday and you don't have to do the dishes.

Hope you enjoy!
Zoe

No comments :

Post a Comment