Thursday 7 August 2014

One Step Espresso Ice Cream


This is my absolute go-to recipe when it comes to an easy ice cream. I've been using this recipe for over a year, long before I got an ice cream maker, and every time (even when I make slight errors) it seems to work. Although I do enjoy making ice cream with a custard etc, this is the only espresso ice cream I've ever attempted.

My parents are definite coffee lovers, and so this doesn't seem to stick around long in our house. I had mine with brownie crumbs as there was some in the tin from when I made brownies this week - but you can eat it however you want. The recipe comes from Nigella Lawson - and she eats hers in brioche buns which sounds good, but I'm yet to try. I think I might put it in a blender and add milk to make an iced coffee, but we'll see.

I've actually doubled the recipe here as I had a 600ml tub of cream and knew the other 300 would end up going to waste, the original recipe yields around 1 pint, so I am assuming this makes 2 pints? I've also used coffee that's a little too grainy here - I'd usually make it a bit finer but I was being lazy (as per) and so I didn't bother. I don't mind, I quite like how speckled it is but it's up to yourself how you have it.


The original recipe is from here.

INGREDIENTS:

600ml of double cream
350g of condensed milk
4 tablespoons of espresso powder (as fine as you can find)
4 tablespoons of coffee liqueur (I used Tia Maria this time, but whatever you have)

DIRECTIONS:

STEP 1: Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until still peaks form, then transfer into a freezable container and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours.

It's almost embarrassing how easy it is??

No comments :

Post a Comment