Wednesday 6 August 2014

Setting GBBO Goals


As everyone knows, today is the much-anticipated return of the Great British Bake Off. I am very excited (who isn’t) and in anticipation I have been going through my Grandma’s old recipe books writing down my favourite ones, all whilst browsing the Lakeland website (obviously). The Bake Off is something that I usually watch with my mum (it’s our thing yo) but this week I’m with my grandparents so I’ll be watching without her (sob). Anyway, we’ll see how it goes but I might post about it later. Or maybe I’ll just tweet. Chances are I’ll just tweet actually. You can see my real time reactions (so insightful I’m sure) on my twitter here.

Last year I actually planned to blog through the GBBO but moving to uni got in the way, and so this year I’ll (hopefully) complete a series of blog posts. In these posts I will bake following the GBBO. So, I’ll make my own version of the signature dish, attempt the blind bake (although –luckily- with more instructions), and do my own showstopper (although this will definitely be a downsized version). I’m not sure what day these will be posted, most likely on Sunday’s but we’ll see how it goes. I do like a challenge in baking, and so maybe this will help my skills?? So yes, it will have a name soon as I only have 15 minutes to get my GBBO snack on.

I don’t think anyone is reading this yet (much like most of the time I am speaking to myself ha) but I’m quite interested myself to see what the results will be!

Zoe

No comments :

Post a Comment